Over 250 volunteers provide services in 24 areas of the hospital. If you are interested in volunteering, please read the information below.
How to become a volunteer.
The following information outlines the criteria and process to volunteer. Please use this as a guideline to determine if our volunteer program will meet your needs.
Criteria To Volunteer:
- Continuous commitment of 3-4 hours per week for a minimum of one year.
- Commit to the same day and time each week.
- 15 years of age or older.
- Have proof of updated immunization and two-step Tuberculosis skin test
- Tuberculosis skin test must be dated within the past year.
- Purchase uniform (prices listed in FAQ).
- Attend orientation and training as required for each position.
Process To Volunteer:
Complete the Volunteer Application Package in full, which consists of:
- Application form
- Confidentiality form
- Two Reference forms
Volunteer Services screens all application packages.
Volunteer Services will contact the most suitable candidates to set up an interview.
Successful interview candidates will attend a general orientation and be provided with training. A Pre-Placement Medical Form must be completed before a volunteer starts his/her position.
The process to apply may take 2-3 months from start to finish. Please keep this in mind when you are applying.
Due to the overwhelming support of people who want to volunteer, unfortunately, we are not able to place everyone who applies.